Explore an ever expanding library of undiscovered titles.
Unpublished Authors can showcase their work for FREE in order to gain unbiased, constructive feedback and ratings.
Readers can discover a wide range of books from aspiring authors, covering a range of genres, for just £2/month.
Publishers can peruse new writer’s work at their convenience and at NO COST.
Tons of Benefits!
- Unlimited access to all books on the website, downloaded onto your choice of e-reader, for a nominal monthly fee
- No contract
- Your own personal profile, where you can set your reading preferences
- Receive notifications when books are added to your preferred genres
- Be able to rate and review the books you read, so you are contributing to author’s future success. You may help to find the next best-seller!
- Be able to review all ratings and reviews before you choose your titles
- No fees or contracts
- Author Profile
- Add as many books as you wish
- Withdraw manuscripts at any time
- Edit as often as you like
- List books by genre
- Create a list of Star Ratings and a bank of reviews to attract publishers and readers, and promote your book(s)
- Receive valuable feedback from readers to help you improve your manuscript
- Alerts when you have reviews
- Create and grow a fan base
- Free account to allow you to access all books, ratings and feedback
- Search books via genre and create preferences such as genre and word count
- Access to all author’s details
- Your details are not available through the website, so you cannot be contacted via it
- Option to have your profile on the website as a form of advertising and to demonstrate your interest and support for new authors
About the founder…
I am a writer and I work in publishing. I look at new authors and I am very much aware of the mountains there are to climb. We still need to research, learn and develop – the onus is on the writer for that. But I just wanted to find a way to give unpublished authors a chance: Perhaps make the mountain a softer ascent. And I hope that for some of them, The Publishers Assistant might be it.
I suspect having no idea where to start and feeling overwhelmed are common experiences for most aspiring authors. And I don’t just mean where to start with writing the book, but where to go once you’ve done it. That alone is a mountain of work. When it comes down to it, we can read endless articles and join groups and take part in retreats: These are all very valuable and I encourage you to do as much as you personally can. But what everyone really wants to know is, ‘How can I get my book published?’
Aside from reviews, when you talk to authors and publishers, two things are standing out:
The first is shelf space: There’s less and less on the High Street. To gain it, you need to find a way to stand out.
The second is the controversial topic of self-publishing. It seems straightforward and you can get your work online in virtually no time at all! And you do not (and often should not, so be warned), have to necessarily spend a lot of money. People have all sorts of reasons why they self-publish. Some are not successful, but many are! You would need to look at precisely what you want to achieve and make an informed decision. If you are considering self-publishing, The Publishers Assistant is for you, too.